Almost everyone can claim strong ties to their hometown. No matter how far we roam, we all tend to wax poetic about how things were “where we grew up.” Are we romanticizing things? Was it really that idyllic? In my case, I can say that Western NY never fails me; it always lives up to the great reputation that I boast about. Buffalo really was one of the best places to grow up – and for many of my friends – a great place to continue to live. I know most of us in my generation went off to college and didn’t come back. Some of us came back for a few years, and then moved on. Even a few of us never left. I constantly now see many of my fellow former Buffalonians returning to the City of Good Neighbors to raise their families. In 2010, Forbes Magazine agreed that Buffalo was the 10th best place in America to raise a family. But never fear Buffalo! Many of your ex-patriots, like me, who cannot move back for various reasons are still on your side!
- Whoo Hooo! Way to go @nicholaselmi on your Restaurant Wars win! So nice to see you rise up! #TopChefNola #TeamFin 3 hours ago
- "Found" is possibly the worst example of Restaurant Wars I've seen!!! Go @nicholaselmi #TeamFin #topchefnola 3 hours ago
- Also, it makes me very nervous that Travis is on the same team as Nick #TravisNeedsToGo #TopChefNola 3 hours ago
- They are looking for plates & decorations without having a menu? That doesn't seem smart #TopChefNola 3 hours ago
- Oh no - @nicholaselmi - volunteering for Executive Chef? Ballsy move! Love it - hope it works :) #TopChefNola 4 hours ago
The Baltimore Sun Mobbies Awards
What Am I Talking About Most?Adam Levine Amanda Brown Arcade Fire Baltimore Baltimore Sun Barenaked Ladies Blake Shelton break-up Broken Social Scene Buffalo Canada Captain Jack Harkness Cassadee Pope Cee-Lo Green Christina Aguilera Cocteau Twins Cody Belew comic-con CoolDude Crowded House Dating Depeche Mode Dez Duron Doctor Who Dr. Who ex-boyfriend ex-girlfriend ex-sex friends FunnyBone geek Glee guys Jane St. Clair JealousFellow John Barrowman Keane Lady Gaga Lake Erie Lloyd Dobler LloydGuy LostMarbles love Melanie Martinez men Michaela Paige MissingPerson Music MusicMan nerd Nicholas David Oprah Winfrey Pop Culture postaday2011 reality TV relationships Sarah McLachlan Saturday Night Live Say Anything sex Singing SmallTown Boy SNL snow sports SportsFan Terry McDermott The Cure The Doctor The Smiths The Voice Torchwood Trevin Hunte Twitter Women